Monday, August 02, 2010

Marshall Pup vs. Cassandra the fembot

I better not go too crazy with putting "video clips" into my plays, but since video clips are now part of everybody's lives, it kind of makes sense to use them sometimes. And I get a kick out of having actors pretend they are in a video, on stage. It worked out pretty well when Daniel Genalo, as Buddy, did the Hamlet clip. So I had to stick another one in. In Act II of JULIA & BUDDY I have a clip of Buddy in the movie "The Cassandra Directive" - Buddy decides to get back into acting via movies since he has memory problems. Julia thinks the role is beneath him.

Also, J&B is inspired by "The Owl and the Pussycat" and that play features technology that was the Youtube of the time - television. So there's definitely a precedent.

And since this is at the begining of Act II, the quick change shouldn't be as difficult. Unless I don't do an intermission. I'll have to think about this.

The trio of actors who regularly visit this site will appreciate this "video clip" from "The Cassandra Directive."