Thursday, January 31, 2013

I love Balck Dragon



Behold the Balck Dragon. I have this at least once a week for lunch - there's a sushi place in the building where I work. It's supposed to be "black" dragon to differentiate it from the Green Dragon, which has avocado instead of eel. But they never change the label - week after week it's the Balck Dragon.

If you had told me when I was a teenager that one day I would love to eat eel I would have thought you were nuts. Of course I hadn't even heard of sushi until I was in my 20s and never tried it until I was in my mid-30s. Although to be honest I don't actually like classic sushi with raw fish - I prefer my fish cooked. 

But eel really is exquisite - although not in large amounts. For lunch once I had the "eel bowl" and that was just too much eel. But the amount on the Balck Eel is just right.

Behold its eely goodness up close: