Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Heart of Darkness

I wouldn't go out of my way to see the birthplace of Objectivism, not being a fan, to put it mildly, but since 36 E. 36 Street happened to be on my way to the bar on 7th Avenue where my friend Valerie was performing her improv show, I thought, why not?

I took a few pictures too, from outside the apartment building where Ayn Rand lived while writing the bulk of Atlas Shrugged, which her leading sycophant Nathaniel Branden then turned into a "philosophy" and a business - he also practiced a wacky form of "Objectivist" psychology.

Unfortunately my iPhone camera lens is still scratched up so the pix aren't the best. But still - proof I was there!

Objectivist welcome mat



Much smaller lobby than I would have guessed.

It's not even a doorman building.