Thursday, December 12, 2013

The MTM hippie episode

I'm in season seven of the Mary Tyler Moore show and I agree with some of these choices for the 12 best episodes of the MTM show, especially Edie Gets Married - I was surprised how affecting it was.

I was disappointed they didn't mention the episode I watched tonight, season 7 episode 5, "Ted's Change of Heart." The episode is fairly pedestrian to begin with, Ted has a mild heart attack and has a change of personality - he suddenly appreciates the little things in life, like salt. What blew me away was how they concluded the episode - Lou suddenly has the same change of heart. It seems like it's going to be a gag, but instead, they went totally sincere, until the last scene of the episode is Lou, Mary and Murray all staring out a window, watching the sunset.

Did not see that coming.