Tuesday, May 20, 2014

BBG Membership

Finally got around to getting an annual Brooklyn Botanic Garden Membership, which means I can get into the BBG for free any time. If I manage to make time to get there - I think the last time I was there was the 4th of July 2011 - much too long.

This is my favorite page on their web site - a directory of all the mini-gardens within the larger botanic garden. So much beauty to choose from! I'm a fan of the Shakespeare Garden, of course, but I'm also partial to Japanese gardens, and the one at the BBG has the well-hidden shrine of Inari which I love. But then the rose garden is an alternative reality of roses...

I'm seriously thinking of moving to the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn on the western boundary, Washington Street, which is right across the street from the BBG.