Friday, August 21, 2015

Internet fun

My new Linked-In connection
(not John Travolta)
The Internet has changed the world in big ways and small and just plain weird.

I got a Linked-In friend request from a Karen Lynn Gorney the other day. I didn't recognize the name, but I often get friend requests from other theater people and figure it's as good a way as any to make connections. So I took a peek at her Linked-In profile. Oh - she was Stephanie in Saturday Night Fever.

As it happens she would be perfect to play the role of Betty Brooks in my play DARK MARKET and I am going to ask her to participate in the next reading I have of that play. How awesome is that?

She's certainly the biggest celebrity to reach out to me on Linked In - I am also friends with Al Franken's son, but he isn't technically a celebrity and I reached out to him.

In other Internet fun, I was pretty excited to see that someone was reading one of my blog posts on Ayn Rand, about Rand's stamp collecting - and according to my web analytics they came directly from the Ayn Rand Institute in Irvine California. Suck on that blog post, Objectivists!

Finally, thanks to the Internet, non-professional historians can do good research and publish it for a mass audience, as is the case with April VeVea and her Marilyn Monroe blog which I mentioned a few days ago - I gave her a shout out. She returned the shout-out here.