Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Life imitates art, Bill Cosby edition

A few years ago I wrote a 10-minute play called JASMINE in which a prostitute and a john face off when the john wants to have sex with her for free, because he's a Calvinist and it would be a blessing on her for him to ejaculate in her. Here's an excerpt:
TREY
It’s predestination. Can you say that word? 
JASMINE
You think I’m retarded? 
TREY

Just say it. 
JASMINE
Predestination. 
TREY
Predestination is God’s grace made manifest. Wealth, beauty, good health, good personal habits. All these things he gives us.  
JASMINE

I may not have all that stuff, but I’m going to heaven.
TREY
Maybe you could Jasmine – if you had God’s grace bestowed upon you. And by joining with me, you could be filled with God’s grace. 
JASMINE
Hah – I heard a lot of names for jizzem before – this is the first time anybody called it “god’s grace.”
TREY 
Don’t laugh Jasmine. It is the literal truth. You will be baptized with the white-hot blessings of a just and merciful god. 

JASMINE
Call it whatever you want – you want to put it in me without a condom, that’s gonna cost you a hundred.

Sounds pretty far-fetched right? Well lo and behold what I read in Gawker about another victim of Cosby coming forward:
“I felt Cosby’s left hand gently grab my long hair behind my head … his giant frame blocked the door so if anyone should try to enter, they would not be able to see what he was doing,” Whitedeer told reporters. “When Cosby was done, there was a horrible mess of semen all over my face, my clothes and in my hair. He took out a Kleenex to try to wipe off my face. I was bordering between vomiting and passing out. He was mumbling that I had been blessed with his semen, like holy water.”