Saturday, August 22, 2015

More Internet fun - tiny show biz world edition

As I reported yesterday, Karen Lynn Gorney from Saturday Night Fever connected to me via Linked In.

Well today   Santa Claus   commented on my blog post about the Doonesbury cartoon about Gladys Knight and the Pips.

How do I know it was Santa Claus? Well the commenter signed his name JGM, and the initials linked to his Blogger profile, which includes a link to Meath iTunes Mixes which is no longer operational but its root URL is Meath Media which means that my commenter is Jonathan Meath.

I have two odd show biz connections to Meath - one is that my theater colleague Donna Moore of COUGAR THE MUSICAL fame used to be a kid on the TV show Zoom - of which Meath was a producer - although long after Moore's time.

The other is that my actor buddy Matt DeCapua was married to a Radio City Rockette - Meath portrays Santa Claus in their Christmas Spectacular. Here he is being Santa Claus in 2012.



Of course these are fairly tenuous connections, but still.

But actually my first awareness of Meath was as the father of Amelia Meath of Sylvan Esso, a band I just discovered a month ago via a shout-out by Paul Krugman. Meath mentions her father at minute 10:57 in the video at Krugman's site.