Saturday, September 26, 2015

Nutty psycho stalker Eron Gjoni is still obsessed with his ex-girlfriend

I've been thinking about Gamergate more than usual because Feminist Frequency on Facebook posted info about  Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian, two women targeted for a campaign of harassment and threats from nutty obsessive fans of Eron Gjoni, as well as garden variety misogynists, speaking at the UN.

Here are some of the threats and abuse Sarkeesian got in one single day.

The first thing Eron Gjoni said after sitting down across from me at Veggie Galaxy in December was that he would probably violate his gag order if he talked to me. Then he talked for the next three hours, and again and again over the next three months.
Gjoni can be relentless that way. And in others. He maintains incessant eye contact from behind a tangle of dark, wavy hair. He is intensely focused. Just ask Zoe Quinn, the object of his unwanted obsession.
 
In September 2014, Quinn, 27, appeared in Boston Municipal Court to ask Judge Jonathan Tynes for a restraining order against Gjoni, her ex-boyfriend. In a handwritten affidavit to the court, Quinn tried to explain what had happened over the past month. After their brief romance ended, she noted, Gjoni “wrote and published a long post about my sex life and private dealings to several websites that he knew had a history of harassing me.” Quinn is a video-game designer and, like many women in the business, routinely receives misogynistic threats from strangers. Gjoni, Quinn contended, was aware that his blog post would result in her being harassed and stalked, and she claimed he had published it in order “to damage my professional reputation as an independent artist.” What’s more, she told the judge, the results had been particularly severe: Since Gjoni’s initial blog post, “I have received numerous death and rape threats from an anonymous mob that [Gjoni] had given details to,” she wrote. “My personal info like my home address, phone number, emails, passwords, and those of my family has been widely distributed, alongside nude photos of me, and several of my professional accounts and those of my colleagues have been hacked.” 
Quinn understated the facts. The thousands of threats, which she continues to receive daily, terrified her. Tweets such as “Im not only a pedophile, ive raped countless teens, this zoe bitch is my next victim, im coming slut” spoke for themselves. Messages such as “could kill yourself. We don’t need cunts like you in this world” preyed on the common knowledge that Quinn struggled with depression; she’d won acclaim for creating an impressionistic video game called Depression Quest. Forced to flee her Dorchester apartment, she spent more than six months hiding in friends’ homes. In her affidavit, Quinn struggled to explain to the judge who was behind these threats: They were anonymous, faceless, and they could be anywhere. “Eron has coached this mob multiple times, made multiple social media accounts to smear my name publicly, and has stoked the fire of this on many occasions and doesn’t seem to be stopping,” Quinn told the court. “I am in fear of him.”
There is something seriously wrong with this guy and the fact that he has pretty much gotten away with his jihad against this woman is clearly only encouraging him.

 He posted this four days ago:
Hey Guys, Eron here with a legal update. (self.KotakuInAction)submitted   by qriosEron Gjoni | Attractive like Khan or SpockAlright, so first things first -- as of a few weeks ago, I am no longer under a gag. Apologies for not notifying everyone the instant it happened, but, it seemed best to get advice and think through the best course of action before opening a potential can of worms. I think I've decided on what that course should be, but more on that later.
First (second?), I can now safely tell you about the secret stretch goal:
Back when I filed my appeal and served the plaintiff with my Statement of Issues on Appeal, she responded by trying to take out a back-up order in a new state. She plainly listed my appeal of the MA order as one of the reasons she was requesting a new order.
The just-fill-out-this-form-and-we'll-give-you-an-ex-parte order granted by that state was even more restrictive than the Massachusetts order, but only for about two days, until my attorney intervened and the judge agreed there were serious first amendment issues with the original wording, and modified the order to something more reasonable until the hearing.

You'll get a true sense of the hardcore misogyny if you read the comments. These people are evil freaks.

It's just a matter of time before obsessive psycho Eron Gjoni ends up in jail.

Oddly, Gjoni recently tweeted this:



But of course this episode of Last Week Tonight is much more relevant to Gjoni: