Thursday, March 03, 2016

My inner 25-year-old

I still can't get over the idea that I'm not twenty-five years old - in my mind I still am. This is increasingly getting to be a problem, the disconnect between internal and external age.

For example - I keep seeing claims that young women prefer Bernie Sanders over Hillary Clinton and my knee-jerk response is: "oh yeah, well I like Hillary Clinton" and then I suddenly remember... oh... right.

Speaking of being old, I have to laugh once again at the idea being pushed by Evan Marc Katz and other conservatives that women and men are equally bad towards each other - the old false equivalency. Krugman talks about it in reference to politics, but it's just as false in gender politics.

To get an idea of just how full of shit the false equivalency hucksters like Katz are, consider that there is an entire web site, We Hunted the Mammoth, devoted to reporting on the organized misogyny of the Men's Rights Movement.

Or you can go right to the source - I defy you to find me a women's organization devoted to spewing hatred towards men over 25 with the same single-minded venom of the Return of Kings article Unmarried Older Women Need to Go Away.

And of course the ongoing slaughter of women by the men in their lives.

There's only one reason why someone like Evan Marc Katz would keep pushing the idea that women and men are equally bad to each other - because he has an agenda and he doesn't care if he has to lie to promote it.