Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Walking through my park

Another awesome Central Park vista

And by my park of course I mean Central Park.  And technically I'm not wrong if you consider Central Park belongs to everyone, especially those of us who pay the taxes that go directly into supporting it.

If I walk from Central Park South through the park up to the 86th Street transverse it is a distance of 1.5 miles and it takes me 30 minutes at a leisurely pace. I'm not sure how long it would take if I just stayed on the sidewalk and walked up Central Park West instead - less time I assume without the usual twists and turns of the standard path in Central Park. CPW has its own charms with all the historic old buildings along the street including the Dakota. But it's so nice to stroll in a space that's relatively bucolic for a change. I rarely get out of New York City and when I do it's to go to places like Jersey City, so this is definitely a nice change for me, to be in this planned and highly manicured but still pretty natural place.