Thursday, August 04, 2016

Subway Series

I actually did take the subway to see two of the games in the 2016 Yankees-Mets "subway series."  Normally I wouldn't take the initiative to go to baseball games on my own, but an old friend was in town and loves baseball so he took me. I had a hot dog at the Yankees game, which was a big deal for me - I don't remember the last time I ate a hot dog. Like going to baseball games, it's not something I feel much compulsion to do.

I took the 7 train to get to the Mets game at CitiField. We had seats close to the field there.

Mets won this one - I forget the score - maybe 7 - 1?
I took the B train to get to Yankees Stadium - it's only twenty minutes uptown from my apartment. We had seats way up high, but I actually liked it better than the Mets seats because we could see the game much better this way. 


The Yankees won this game, 9 - 5

I prefer Yankees games over Mets games anyway, because only the Yankees have clean-up crew members dancing to the Village People's "YMCA" - that's my favorite part of the game. I did not video-record it so I will use this one from YouTube.

You can hang out with all the boys.