Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Obama crushes it at the White House Correspondents' Dinner

Obama has got to be the funniest president we have ever had. Here he is at the 2013 White House Correspondents' Dinner. He is so good - he's much funnier than Conan. And this is not a fluke - if you watch all his WHCD appearances to date you can see he is great every time - I can't help but have a big grin on my face the whole time I'm watching these.

He might have been the best at the 2011 WHCD - but my perception might be colored by the fact that while he was displaying his impeccable comic delivery, he was at the same time preparing to wipe out Osama bin Laden. Unless he screws up big time in the next few years, Obama is going down in history as one of our greatest presidents - the great comic delivery is just gravy. But I love it so much.

And who wouldn't laugh at this line: "why don't you get a drink with Mitch McConnell?"

Not to mention the utterly perfect smack-down of Maureen Dowd.