Wednesday, January 29, 2014

But on the other side it didn't say nothing - that sign was made for you and me.

I teared up at work this morning when I heard Pete Seeger died. Although more for the beauty of what he stood for rather than for his death - he lived to a ripe old age and died of natural causes. And he lived by his beliefs and got to live long enough to do this:


This performance makes me tear up every time I watch it. There's nothing more ineffably beautiful than Peter Seeger and Bruce Springsteen performing together. And for the inauguration of our first black president yet.

Even though Woody Guthrie wrote this song, it's about Pete Seeger - he lived a truly authentic life.

Nobody living can ever stop me
As I go walking on freedom highway
Nobody living can make me turn back
This land was made for you and me.