Saturday, April 16, 2016

Good enough to eat WTF?

There is a restaurant nearby called Good Enough to Eat and Jesus Christ there is always a line outside of this place. Is it that good? I will have to watch out for the next time I go by, and if there is no line go in and see what the big deal is.

I'm very tempted to go on April 22 for their special Passover menu. I haven't been to a Passover dinner since I broke up with my ex-husband which is a loooong time ago. But as I was perusing their menu I was getting nostalgic. I mean latkes - I can't remember the last time I had a latke but now I don't know why I haven't had one for so long - they were so good. I don't know if my ex-mother-in-law may she rest in peace was a great cook - she was better than my mother but that's not saying much. But I loved her latkes and blintzloaf and kugel - all kinds of kugel but I remember broccoli and apple the most. Damn that was some good stuff.  Ah memories. *sigh*

I wasn't crazy about the wine though. My parents weren't big drinkers and we never had wine around the house so literally my first experience drinking wine was at a Baranoff family Passover seder. Thanks to Mogen David it took me years to realize that wine could actually be delicious. But I'd gladly drink Mad Dog 20/20 again if I could have another one of those Passover meals.

Well Zabars is not too far away and I bet they have all that good stuff. Maybe I'll throw my own Passover dinner.

According to Jon Stewart, Zabars is "the second holiest site in Jewish religion."