Thursday, January 05, 2017

Theater & Video 2017

Well Theatermania is already running the listing for my NORMA JEANE play and meanwhile rehearsals won't even begin for three weeks.

Meanwhile the Women in the Age of Trump semi-finalist plays have been selected and excerpts from each one (43) are being posted on the NYCPlaywrights web site. Which turned out to be a lot more work than I expected.

In non-theater news I created a Youtube playlist of Justin Trudeau speaking in French, which spans ten years from 2006 to last week. There are hours and hours of Trudeau speaking French, which is part of my own special French learning system.

My favorite of the bunch is this one from 2008, shot by a Quebecois nationalist of the RRQ-Montreal (Réseau de Résistance du Québécois). They no longer have a web site but they do have a Facebook page and a Twitter account.

Apparently J-TRU mixed it up on the street with them a little bit prior to returning to the Hotel Nelligan. I really want to learn French so I can understand what they're saying.

One thing I did understand (aided by the comments posted on the video image itself by the RRQ-Montreal people) is when Trudeau uses a boxing analogy to explain politics. This was four years before the boxing match of March 2012.