Saturday, July 14, 2018

Podcasting

In addition to the NYCPlaywrights podcast I'm about to launch, I'm toying with the idea of doing a podcast about the Intellectual Dark Web, or Steven Pinker's alt-right connections.

The thing is, there is quite a bit of overlap between Pinker and the alt-right and the Dark Web. However, there seems to be quite of bit of podcasting now about the Intellectual Dark Web, by its proponents like Bari Weiss, and none from critics. So I think that's a gap that needs to be filled.

I already have an evo-psycho bro series on this blog. Perhaps in preparation I'll start blogging while gathering material for the IDW podcast. 

I will start with Bari Weiss's infamous article for the New York Times. And by the way, my theory for why it is "dark" is because most or all of its members are "racial realists" - that is, they believe that Charles Murray was correct to suggest that black people are intellectually inferior thanks to evolution. So I will especially be exploring the race science aspect of the IDW.